Tasted good and was quite interesting but the Oreo flavour sort of overpowered the chocolate. Beware that it gets soft very quickly if not stored properly.
Adapted from: Andercooks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 Oreos, roughly chopped [reduced to 12 Oreos]
- 1 cup chocolate chips [reduced to ½ cup]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, malted milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and butter until combined and smooth (about 3 minutes on medium speed).
- Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and mix for another 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- In two batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined. Add the chopped Oreos and chocolate chips, mixing to distribute throughout.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 2 tbs-sized balls of dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges start to set and brown.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.